Swart Space Tone ST-6V6 SE
1 in stock
Space Tone • ST-6V6se
Class A 5W – Single-Ended – 6V6 – Tube Rectified
The original Swart Amplifier Co Space Tone 6V6se arose out of musician/recording engineer Michael Swart’s attempt to get the most tone and soul from a small, easily manageable package for home/studio use. The result is a stellar amplifier that surpassed ALL expectations.
The Space Tone Tweed Series amplifier is inspired by Classic designs from the single-ended ALL VALVE era 50’s. The Circuit is a customized Fender Princeton 5F2/5F1 Champ derivative with Swart’s own circuit mods and tweaks thrown into the mix, making this circuit unique sonically.
The tone and clean to distortion character is in a class all its own. We think this amplifier surpasses any amplifier of this type we’ve played, both old and new, including the original Tweeds. Along with the original Space Tone 6V6se, this is the sound that Swart Amplifier Co has built on as ground Zero of the BEST DAMN TONE you’ll ever hear, regardless.
Each ST-6V6se is hand-wired, point to point, then burned-in and tested before leaving Swart Amplifier Co. There are no circuit or turret boards resulting in the most direct path, this harkening back to when ALL amps were hand wired with care.. Cloth wire is used for hookup. Simply put, there are no semiconductors or solid state diodes anywhere as the Space Tone is 100% valve powered.
The Supro inspired cabinet is hand-made finger jointed pine and covered with high quality tweed, then lacquered for years and years of wear, all with the vintage style and great tone.
Tubes include the excellent JJ 12AX7, JJ 6V6GT, and JJ GZ-34 as stock (Fee free to sub a NOS 5Y3 for sweeter breakup and slightly less headroom). It’s a Pure triode front end into the great 6V6 all cleaned by GZ-34 tube rectification. All tube designs disappeared because of the extra expense and the emergence of ultra-cheap solid state diodes. We feel that eliminating ALL solid state devices is necessary to get the BEST tone without the harsh, metallic sound of solid state.
Sound is amazingly BIG, BOLD, and SOULFUL, with a combination of grit and complexity of tone that is immediately apparent. Go from super clean to TUBE distortion with the turn of the volume knob. It’s safe to say that you’ll have NEVER played anything quite like this little gem.
- 5W CLASS A ~ Even Order Harmonics – BIG TONE!
- Single-Ended Output – Zero Negative Feedback
- 100% Tube Circuit – Valve Rectifier – No SS diodes!
- 3dB Feedback/Compression Switch
- Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit
- Cathode Biased (no need to bias)
- Cloth Hook-Up Wire
- JJ 12AX7 – JJ 6V6GT – JJ GZ-34 (stock) or NOS 5Y3 Rectifier
- Heaters referenced to ground
- Swart Amplifiers employ Star Grounding
- 4 ohm 1/4″ Out – Drive other Speaker/Cabinet
- Switchcraft 1/4 inch input and output
- CTS Potentiometers
- Output & Power Trans Custom Wound by HEYBOER
- Fuse Protected
- Speaker: Weber Ceramic 8″(Best BASS) ~ 4 ohm
- Finger-Jointed Pine Cab ~ Beautiful Lacquered TWEED
- Dimensions: 13 3/4T x 13W x 7 1/4 D ~ 14lbs