Morgan Amps JMI 10th Anniversary 20-watt Tube Head (Twilight)
Out of stock
The Original Morgan Amplifier
The limited edition Morgan Amps JMI 10th Anniversary tube amplifier doesn’t just encapsulate the essence of classic British tube amplifiers — it’s a re-creation of the very first amplifier Joe Morgan built, before he ever founded Morgan Amplification. It’s a 20-watt, cathode biased, EL84-driven amplifier with the iconic top boost design. From glistening cleans to mid-focused roar, the JMI 10th Anniversary stays true to its sonic heritage. And with modern refinements, like Morgan’s acclaimed Power Level and Global Cut controls, the Morgan Amps JMI 10th Anniversary stands out among vintage-themed guitar amplifiers.
Hear your pedals as they’re intended to sound
Morgan Amps knows that the key to getting a great tone from your overdrive and other pedals is to set your power amp level just right. You can do that and still keep the volume at a reasonable level, too, with the JMI 10th Anniversary tube amp head. The power level control lets you adjust the power amp section’s volume without actually choking the signal that’s sent to the power tubes. That means you get the interaction between your pedals and the power amp that you need for great tone at whatever volume level is appropriate for your situation.
Simple controls unleash a wide tonal range
You can tell that Morgan Amps products, such as the JMI 10th Anniversary tube amplifier head, are made for hard-gigging guitarists just by looking at them. The simple control set conceals a surprisingly wide range of tones, but you’ll never have to spend long turning numerous knobs to get the right sound. Even if someone carelessly bumps all the knobs out of place, it will only take seconds to get your tone back.
3 speaker outs for maximum versatility
When it comes to matching the right speaker cabinet to any application, guitarists at Sweetwater appreciate the flexibility of the Morgan Amps JMI 10th Anniversary tube amplifier head. On the back panel, you’ll find three speaker outputs, two for 8-ohm loads and one for 16-ohm loads. With a small collection of speaker cabinets, you’ll be well-equipped for everything from coffee shop gigs to outdoor stages.
Morgan Amps JMI 10th Anniversary Tube Amplifier Head Features:
- 20-watt tube amplifier, based on the very first Joe Morgan-built amp
- Limited edition — only 50 will be made
- All-tube, top boost design with EL84, cathode-biased power section
- Simple volume, treble, bass, and level controls unleash a wide tonal range
- Power level control helps your pedals sound their best at any volume level
- Excels with all drives, boosts, delays, and anything else you want to put in front of it
- Global Cut control removes high frequencies from the power section
- GZ34 rectifier delivers a fast, responsive playing feel
- Ready for practically any combination of speaker cabs, with 2 x 8-ohm outputs and 1 x 16-ohm output