Friedman JJ JUNIOR Head
1 in stock
JERRY CANTRELL SIGNATURE – 2 Channel – 20-Watt Head
Dave Friedman teamed up with Jerry Cantrell and captured the Alice In Chains guitarist’s iconic tone and ferocity in the Friedman JJ-100 – Cantrell’s first ever signature amp. The JJ-100 was an instant success. Not being the types to leave a great thing alone, they decided to cram all that punishing tone and grind into a stage-friendly 20-watt monster. Introducing, the Friedman JJ-Junior.
The JJ-Junior still gives you the same 2-channel, EL-powered tone that has carved out a legendary place in rock. All of the saturated, complex harmonic overtones are still lurking inside, as well as the AC30-like cleans. At 20 watts, the JJ-Junior lets you take the stage, studio, or jam session with total confidence.
Jerry and Dave spent years perfecting the “JJ” sound. Now, you can have the same tonal experience, in a smaller format, without sacrificing the attention to detail that goes into every Friedman amplifier.
The JJ Junior features and internal load and cab-simulated XLR output. Comparing this analog circuit to some of the most intricate computer-based IRs, Dave achieved a direct output you can proudly send to front of house or use in the studio. The JJ Junior also allows you to play “silently,” meaning you can safely play the amp WITHOUT having a speaker cabinet connected. The XLR output includes a ground-lift, level, and center/edge of speaker cone simulation switches.
The JJ Junior was specifically designed to take pedals well especially boosts, ODs, phasers, flangers, tremolos, and wahs. The ultra-transparent buffered, series effects loop takes time-based effects pedals and rack units equally well. This is the exact same FX loop Friedman uses on all its amplifiers including the legendary BE-100. The head cabinet features beautiful black Tolex, with Baltic Birch construction and the same grille cloth used on the original JJ-100.
- Jerry Cantrell’s signature grind in a compact tube head
- 20-watt EL84 power section, perfect for most stages, studios and rehearsals
- Dirty and clean channels serve up Cantrell gain and AC-like chime
- JBE switch unleashes even more gain and harmonic content
- Ultra-transparent series FX loop
- 20-Watt all tube Head
- Two channels
- 2 x EL84 power tubes
- 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- JBE voicing switch for a higher gain more saturated sound
- Clean channel: single volume knob with bright switch
- Dirty channel: gain, master, treble, middle, and bass
- Global presence knob
- XLR Cab Simulated output with Ground Lift, Axis and Level switches. You can record without having your speaker connected
- 8 and 16 ohm impedance selector
- Single button footswitch (included)
- Ultra-transparent series effects loop
- Dimensions 18″ (W) x 8.5″ (D) x 8.25″ (H)
- Weight: 22 Lbs.