Friedman ASC-12 powered monitor
1 in stock
The Friedman ASC-12 powered monitor was designed and voiced for use with today’s guitar amp modelers and profilers including Fractal Audio Axe-Fx, Kemper Profiler, Line 6 HD Series and others. The ASC-12 delivers rich authentic tones, allowing you get the most out of these systems in live use and playback applications. The ASC-12 is identical to the ASM-12 electronically, the only difference being that the ASC-12’s shape makes it more useable as a regular rectangular speaker cabinet (IE: with your amp modeler on top the cabinet it looks like any other amp head/speaker cab set-up), whereas the ASM-12 functions more like an angled floor monitor or mounts to a pole.
The ASC-12 features a Celestion 12″ loudspeaker with a 2.5″ edge wound voce coil and a premium Celestion high frequency compression driver. At the heart of the ASC-12 is a robust 500w Bi-Amp Class-G amplifier that is anything but digital. This proprietary amplifier design delivers rich, full tone and a wide frequency response making it suited for backline, stage monitoring or even as your main PA speaker.
Key features include: Bi-Amp power module with high efficiency Class G low frequency amplification with a high current output stage and custom signal processing; clip/limit, thermal, and short circuit protection; line level output for linking multiple speakers ; optimized acoustic designs using a PETP film compression driver diaphragm; heat vented low frequency drivers; and a hand crafted in the USA, sturdy Baltic birch construction. Controls include level knob, low-cut filter switch, ground lift and power switches.
The Friedman ASC-12 powered loudspeaker was designed using advanced acoustic and audio techniques with premium components, comprehensive protection circuitry, and robust construction to provide years of consistent, reliable performance.
- Configuration: 12” 2-Way Active Stage Monitor for use with modelers/profilers
- Assembly: Made in USA using premium worldwide components
- Low Frequency Transducer: Celestion – 12” speaker with 2.5” edge wound voice coil
- High Frequency Transducer: Celestion PETP film compression driver with 1.75” voice coil
- Frequency Range: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 58Hz -18kHz
- High Frequency Dispersion: 75° conical
- Maximum peak SPL: 129dB
- Power Output: LF: 270Wrms Class G / HF: 80Wrms Class AB+B
- Maximum total burst power*: 500W
- Input Impedance: 20k Ohm Balanced / 10k Ohm Unbalanced
- Electronic Crossover: 4th order
- Low Cut Filer (switchable): 3rd order Butterworth @ 100Hz
- Controls: Level knob , Low-cut filter switch, Ground lift switch
- Power switch, AC fuse, 115/230V switch Indicators Power Power, Protect, Limit, Signal
- Cooling: Convection
- Amplifier Protection: Short circuit, Clip-limiter, Overheat mute
- SOA output stage, Driver DC protection
- Subsonic filter, Turn-on mute and soft ramp
- Turn-on inrush current limiting
- Power Consumption @: 1.7A/0.85A 115Vac/230Vac
- (1/8 power pink noise): 150VA
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR input / Balanced male XLR link output
- Input Sensitivity **: 775mV (0dBu)
- Enclosure: Black Warnex® painted, Baltic birch plywood construction
- Hardware: Strap handle, Rubber feet / Rubber Strips
- Pole mounting cup, Detachable black grille
- Dimensions: 21” H x 26.25” W x 11.25” D
- Weight: 59 lbs.